The price of faculty continues to soar annually. During the last 30 years, this price has elevated by as much as to 500% — no matter whether or not the college was public, personal, a four-year or a two-year faculty. Because of this it’s necessary to use for scholarships and grants to assist cowl this ever-rising expense and to attenuate your scholar mortgage debt after you graduate.
Faculty scholarships and fellowships for math, science and engineering college students are among the many most beneficiant and prestigious awards.
Along with science, expertise, engineering and arithmetic (STEM) scholarships, you’ll be able to seek for different scholarships utilizing a free scholarship search service, comparable to Fastweb.com and the Faculty Board’s Massive Future. You need to use these web sites to search out different STEM scholarships with extra particular choice standards, and also will can help you discover non-STEM scholarships that match your background.
We’ve additionally gathered The Greatest Faculty Scholarship Search Web sites.
Basic Undergraduate STEM Scholarships
These scholarships can be found to undergraduate college students in all or most STEM fields. They’re listed in keeping with the quantity of the highest prize and with essentially the most beneficiant scholarships listed first.
- Regeneron Science Expertise Search (STS): U.S. college students enter a science or arithmetic undertaking within the “nation’s oldest and most prestigious STEM competitors for highschool seniors.” Winners are chosen primarily based on a scientific analysis report, solutions to essay questions, admissions take a look at scores, transcripts and suggestions. 300 semi-finalists win a $2,000 faculty scholarship. Forty finalists win no less than a $25,000 faculty scholarship, with a prime prize of a $250,000 faculty scholarship.
- Breakthrough Junior Problem: College students worldwide, age 13-18, enter by making a 90-second video to elucidate an advanced idea or concept in science or arithmetic in an enticing and easy-to-understand means. The winner receives a $250,000 faculty scholarship, plus a $50,000 prize for his or her trainer, plus as much as $100,000 to their college so as to add or renovate a science lab.
- Regeneron Worldwide Science and Engineering Truthful (ISEF): College students worldwide can enter ISEF after profitable a prime prize of their native, state, regional or nationwide science honest. Grand Awards in every of 21 ISEF classes present money prizes of as much as $5,000 for a primary award. First award winners can win named awards price $10,000 to $75,000.
- Davidson Fellows Scholarships: College students who’re 18 years previous or youthful can win $10,000, $25,000 or $50,000 faculty scholarships by finishing a “important piece of labor” in science, expertise, engineering, arithmetic, literature, music, philosophy, or outside-the-box classes.
- U.S. Division of Protection STEM Scholarships: U.S. undergraduate and graduate college students can win scholarships and fellowships in 21 tutorial majors in STEM fields. Scholarship recipients should conform to work for a Division of Protection (DoD) facility for one yr for annually of help. The scholarships cowl full tuition, an annual stipend of no less than $25,000, 8 to 12 week summer time internships, and employment with the DoD after commencement.
- Collegiate Inventors Competitors: College students who’ve a patentable invention can compete for money prizes of as much as $15,000 and a patent acceleration certificates. That is open to U.S.-based and worldwide undergraduate and graduate college students at U.S. schools and universities.
- Technology Google Scholarships: These scholarships and fellowships can be found to U.S. and non-U.S. highschool seniors, undergraduate and graduate college students who’re or will likely be majoring in laptop science. The scholarships and fellowships are price as much as $10,000. Candidates ought to display monetary want. Google additionally gives scholarships for college students with disabilities and for veterans.
- Toshiba/NSTA ExploraVision: This competitors is open to groups of two to 4 U.S. and Canadian elementary, center and secondary college college students occupied with STEM fields. Profitable groups obtain a U.S. EE Financial savings Bond price as much as $10,000 at maturity.
Discipline Particular Undergraduate STEM Scholarships
These scholarships are restricted to particular tutorial majors, highlighted in daring. They’re listed in alphabetical order.
- American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program: Scholarships can be found to U.S. and non-U.S. highschool seniors, undergraduate and graduate college students who’re or will likely be enrolled in nuclear science, nuclear engineering and associated fields (e.g., environmental science, supplies science, radioanalytical chemistry, thermal-hydraulics, reactor security, and many others.) at U.S. schools and universities. The scholarships are price as much as $2,500 ($1,000 for incoming freshmen) and the fellowships are price as much as $5,000. There are additionally need-based scholarships price as much as $5,000.
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program: U.S. college students from economically deprived backgrounds who’re occupied with careers in biomedical, behavioral and social science health-rated analysis can win faculty scholarships and paid summer time analysis internships on the Nationwide Institutes of Well being (NIH). They will additionally obtain paid employment and coaching on the NIH after commencement. Scholarship recipients will need to have distinctive monetary wants. The scholarships are price as much as $20,000 per yr and could be renewed for as much as 4 years. Scholarship recipients should take part in a 10-week analysis internship throughout the summer time after annually of scholarship help. Scholarship recipients should work at an NIH analysis laboratory for one yr for annually of help.
- NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship: U.S. faculty college students who’re occupied with oceanic and atmospheric science, analysis, expertise, and training can win faculty scholarships price as much as $9,500 per yr for 2 years. Scholarship recipients should take part in a paid 10-week internship at a Nationwide Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) facility.
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship Program: This scholarship is out there to highschool seniors, undergraduate and graduate college students enrolled at schools within the U.S., Canada, and Europe for examine in science-related fields, comparable to biochemistry, biology, biomedical engineering, chemistry, environmental sciences, genetics, well being sciences, life sciences, medical sciences, microbiology, neuroscience, nursing, vitamin, pathology, pharmaceutical sciences, bodily remedy, psychology, social sciences, toxicology, veterinary medical sciences, and wildlife sciences. The scholarship is price as much as $1,500.
- SME Schooling Basis Scholarships: U.S. and Canadian highschool seniors and present faculty college students can apply for a number of faculty scholarships in manufacturing engineering and associated fields. Scholarships are price as much as $40,000 payable over 4 years.
- Society of Physics College students (SPS) Scholarships: This scholarship is out there to undergraduate college students who’re majoring in physics. Some can be found to college students majoring in any STEM area. Membership within the Society of Physics College students or Sigma Pi Sigma is required. The scholarships are price as much as $5,000.
- Society of Ladies Engineers (SWE) Scholarships: This scholarship is out there to feminine undergraduate and graduate college students occupied with engineering and laptop science. The diploma program should be ABET-accredited. The scholarships are price as much as $16,000.
- The American Rocketry Problem (TARC): TARC is a rocketry competitors open to U.S. center and highschool college students. Finalists compete for $100,000 in prizes and faculty scholarships price as much as $20,000 for the profitable groups.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Antibody Scholarship Program: This scholarship is out there to U.S. undergraduate and graduate college students majoring in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and associated life sciences (excluding healthcare professions) at U.S. schools and universities. The scholarship is price as much as $10,000.
- U.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize: U.S. and non-U.S. highschool college students who’ve carried out a water-science analysis undertaking are eligible for regional, state, nationwide, and worldwide awards. Nationwide awards embody a $10,000 scholarship. Worldwide awards embody a $15,000 scholarship.
Undergraduate STEM Scholarships (Underrepresented Minority College students)
These scholarships are restricted to underrepresented minority college students and are restricted to particular tutorial majors.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Students Program: U.S. highschool seniors and undergraduate college students from underrepresented teams (African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander) can apply for scholarships in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, and associated sciences (e.g., supplies science, petroleum engineering, forensic science, toxicology, pharmaceutical chemistry, agricultural chemistry, nanotechnology, ceramic science, and many others.) price as much as $5,000 per yr.
- Nationwide Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Scholarships: These scholarships can be found to Black highschool seniors, undergraduate, and graduate college students majoring in engineering, laptop science, and associated fields (e.g., physics). The scholarships are price as much as $10,000. Candidates should be scholar members of NSBE.
Basic Graduate STEM Fellowships
These fellowships can be found for graduate college in all or most STEM fields. They’re listed in keeping with the quantity of the highest prize, with essentially the most beneficiant fellowships listed first.
A couple of fellowships are included within the listings of undergraduate scholarships as a result of some are open to each undergraduate and graduate college students. These embody the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) Scholarships, American Meteorological Society (AMS) Scholarships and Fellowships, American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program, Technology Google Scholarships, Society of Hispanic Skilled Engineers (SHPE) Scholarships, and the U.S. Division of Protection STEM Scholarships.
- Hertz Basis Fellowships: This fellowship is out there to U.S. faculty seniors and first-year graduate college students who will pursue a Ph.D. within the utilized bodily and organic sciences, arithmetic, or engineering. This fellowship supplies as much as 5 years of funding price a complete of $250,000 at 40 collaborating U.S. universities. Fellows should make a “ethical dedication to place their abilities to work in occasions of nationwide emergency.”
- Nationwide Protection Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship. This fellowship is out there to U.S. graduate college students pursuing a Ph.D. in science and engineering. Eligible fields of examine embody aeronautical and astronautical engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, civil engineering, cognitive, neural, and behavioral sciences, laptop science, electrical engineering, geosciences, supplies science and engineering, arithmetic, mechanical engineering, ocean engineering, oceanography, physics, and area physics. The fellowship features a month-to-month stipend price as much as $38,400 per yr and full tuition and charges for 3 years. Extra funding is offered for medical insurance and for journey for skilled improvement.
- Nationwide GEM Consortium Fellowships: This fellowship is out there to underrepresented U.S. graduate college students occupied with Grasp’s and Ph.D. levels in science and engineering. The fellowship supplies a stipend of $16,000 and full tuition and charges for as much as 5 years. The fellowship additionally supplies paid summer time internships with GEM employer members. Underrepresented college students embody African-American/Black, Hispanic-American/Latino, and American Indian/Native college students.
Discipline Particular Graduate STEM Fellowships
These fellowships are restricted to particular tutorial majors, highlighted in daring. They’re listed in alphabetical order.
- DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship: This fellowship is out there to U.S. graduate college students in fields that “use high-performance computing to unravel advanced science and engineering issues.” The fellowship supplies an annual stipend of $36,000 plus tuition and charges for as much as 4 years of help. Fellowship recipients take part in 12-week practicum experiences at considered one of 21 DOE nationwide laboratories, together with entry to DOE supercomputers. College students should be faculty seniors or first-year graduate college students on the time of software. Eligible fields of examine embody utilized arithmetic, statistics, astrophysics, chemical engineering, chemistry, laptop science, environmental science, life sciences, machine studying, supplies science, mechanical engineering, and physics.
- Microsoft Analysis Dissertation Grant Program: This fellowship is out there to underrepresented graduate college students in laptop science, economics, ecology & setting, arithmetic, genomics, and social sciences Ph.D. packages at universities within the U.S. and Canada. The fellowship is price as much as $25,000. The proposed analysis should be aligned to the final areas of analysis carried out by members of Microsoft Analysis.
- Microsoft Analysis PhD Fellowship Program: This fellowship is out there to U.S. and non-U.S. graduate college students in Ph.D. packages in laptop science. It’s price as much as $42,000 per yr for the third and fourth years of the Ph.D. program. Candidates should be nominated by the college.
- NOAA Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program: This fellowship is out there to U.S. graduate college students in Grasp’s diploma and Ph.D. packages at U.S. schools and universities in oceanography, marine biology, and maritime archaeology. The fellowships are awarded partly primarily based on the applicant’s demonstrated monetary want.
- Winston Churchill Basis of the USA Scholarship Program: This scholarship is out there to U.S. undergraduate college students who’re occupied with pursuing a Grasp’s diploma on the College of Cambridge in science, arithmetic, and engineering. The scholarship covers the price of one yr, which is usually a MPhil or MASt diploma.
- Woodrow Wilson Instructing Fellowship: This fellowship is for U.S. faculty seniors who’re occupied with pursuing a Grasp’s diploma in science or arithmetic training on the College of Pennsylvania or West Chester College. The fellowship supplies a $32,000 stipend. Fellowship recipients should decide to instructing in high-need secondary faculties in Pennsylvania for no less than three years.
Study extra about how one can apply for scholar loans and monetary help packages by state or discover grants that will help you pay for faculty.