Quick-form video is in every single place on-line and after letting TikTok and Instagram Reels run the present, Fb lastly joined the occasion with Fb Reels.
What are Reels on Fb, how do you make them, and the way do they differ from different short-form video platforms? We’ll cowl that and extra beneath.
What are Reels on Fb?
Fb Reels are short-form movies shared on the Fb platform, much like Instagram Reels and TikTok. Providing a lot of the options discovered on its sister social platform Instagram, content material creators, influencers, and entrepreneurs can put up brief movies of as much as 60 seconds with music, viral audio clips, and results.
Fb first launched Reels in September 2021, then launched it globally in February 2022. Whereas anybody can create Reels, it’s been extremely marketed towards content material creators and influencers as a further approach for them to have interaction and attain new audiences.
As an incentive to make use of Reels, Meta is providing bonus funds to creators based mostly on the efficiency of their Reels, an initiative they first launched on Instagram.
In a press release, the tech firm stated that they’re growing a set of creator monetization choices and Reels is one aspect of it.
Methods to Watch Fb Reels
There are three predominant methods to entry the Reels web page on Fb: the homepage, the Watch tab, and the Menu tab.
From the Homepage, you will notice Reels in your newsfeed as you scroll.
It’s also possible to entry Reels by tapping on the Watch tab and navigating to the Reels tab.
Lastly, faucet in your Menu tab and click on on the Reels shortcut.
Methods to Make Reels on Fb
Fb Reels Options
At present, Instagram Reels affords extra performance than Fb Reels however lots of the options intersect. Right here’s what’s attainable on Fb Reels:
- Video enhancing – Much like TikTok and Instagram Reels, you’ll be able to sew collectively a number of clips into one Reel throughout the app or add them out of your picture app.
- Music and audio library – Add music from Fb’s library or use audio used and/or generated by different customers.
- Size – A Fb Reel will be as much as 60 seconds.
- Velocity – You’ll be able to decelerate your video by as much as 1x and velocity it as much as 3x the unique velocity.
- Results – Add filters to your Reel by sifting by way of Fb’s Results library. Some are created by Fb whereas others are made by customers.
- Timer – You’ll be able to report your Reel hands-free through the use of the in-app countdown timer.
- Inexperienced display – If you wish to apply a background out of your digital camera roll, use the inexperienced display impact from the Results library.
Right here’s what’s at present unavailable from Fb Reels:
- Reel remix –This lets you repost a Reel shared by one other person and add by yourself Reel.
- Video rotation – When importing a video to Fb Reels, you can’t rotate or modify the body of the video.
- Desktop add – Customers can solely add Reels from a cellular machine.
To make a Reel on Fb, observe the steps beneath.
Log into your Fb account on a cellular machine. As soon as in your homepage, faucet on the + signal and choose “Reel.”
Add movies or make one by tapping on the “Digicam” icon.
Edit your video utilizing the options on the right-hand facet and add captions.
Write your video caption.
Resolve who will see your Reel.
Faucet on “Share now” to publish your Reel.
You’ve got the choice to maintain your Reel public to anybody on or off Fb, restrict it to your Buddies, and conceal it from particular Buddies.
Is Fb Reels completely different from Instagram Reels and TikTok?
By way of options, Fb Reels is similar to different short-form video platforms.
The place they’re completely different is their audiences. TikTok favors a youthful viewers, principally Gen-Z. Instagram Reels and Fb Reels have older audiences, with its giant U.S. age group between 25 and 44 years of age.
With this in thoughts, a one-size-fits-all strategy is not going to be the very best technique. As at all times, manufacturers must tweak their strategy based mostly on the viewers they’re focusing on and what they’re searching for on every respective platform.
Whereas Instagram focuses on aesthetics, TikTok is extra about authenticity. As a result of Fb Reels is new, it’s unclear what that viewers is searching for however someplace proper within the center is a powerful place to begin.